Al onze online activiteiten en leveringen gaan door als gewoonlijk, en we blijven bereikbaar via telefoon en online.
Antique jewelry object group: wedding band
Condition: acceptable condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Netherlands, Amsterdam
Style: Rococo - Rococo (less commonly roccoco) also referred to as "Late Baroque" is an 18th century style which developed as Baroque artists gave up their symmetry and became increasingly more ornate, florid, and playful. Rococo rooms were designed as total works of art with elegant and ornate furniture, small sculptures, ornamental mirrors, and tapestry complementing architecture, reliefs, and wall paintings. It was largely supplanted by the Neoclassic style. In 1835 the Dictionary of the French Academy stated that the word Rococo "usually covers the kind of ornament, style and design associated with Louis XV's reign and the beginning of that of Louis XVI". It includes therefore, all types of art produced around the middle of the 18th century in France.
- See also: Rococo or more info on styles
Style specifics: Rococo is a style of decoration that followed, c.1730, the baroque style in France (where it was also called rocaille), the principal features of which are asymmetry of ornament and a repertoire consisting to a considerable extent of rockwork, shells, flowers, foliage, and scrollwork. It was developed in France under Louis XV, 1715-74, and spread to Italy, Germany, and Austria and to a lesser extent to England.
Period: ca. 1780
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: high carat yellow gold (touchstone tested and at least 18K)
- (more info on precious metals)
- A standing lion with a three lobbed crown (indicating last quarter 18th century).
- Most part of the Amsterdam hallmark which are three crosses above each other, although the lowest cross is not visible anymore due to an enlargement once made to the ring.
- Illegible remains of a mark that could be the master mark. It mostly resembles the mark of Abraham van Waasbergen (Voet Nº170) from first quarter of the 18th Century, but to assign it to that master and era would be wishful thinking.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: band width 0,87 cm (0,34 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 6,70 gram (4,31 dwt)
Ring size Continental: 59 & 18¾ , Size US 8¾ , Size UK: R
Resizing: Resizing is possible but because of the age of the ring we prefer to leave it untouched. We could make an additional inner ring so the ring itself is not harmed, for this work we have to charge. We cannot guarantee to make it on every size; so please ask in advance. Return policy on this ring is not valid anymore once this work has been done.
- (more info on ring sizes)
Adin Reference Nº: 20027-0036
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?