Although the closure of this necklace is made somewhere in the Fifties, the 24 strings of seed pearls are most probably much older. We think they can be as old as the second half of the 19th Century. As is still the case today, it was not uncommon to refurbish jewelry into a more contemporary wearable style. What's interesting is that what once was considered to be contemporary, is by itself considered vintage already.
Antique jewelry object group: necklace
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: unknown
- See also: vintage jewelry or more info on styles
Period: ca. 1950
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 14K white gold
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): Eight brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.40ct. (colour and clarity: G/H, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Precious stones: Eight rubies with an estimated weight of ± 0.24ct.
One pearl in the center of the closure.
And the 24 strings of pearls have approximately 13,000 seed pearls
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April, ruby for July and pearl for June.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: 585, indicating 14K gold
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: circumference 39,00 cm (15,35 inch)
Weight: 27,40 gram (17,62 dwt)
Reference Nº: 19026-0058
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?