Antique jewelry object group: ring
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin:Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Dutch origin.
Style: Vintage Fifties (of the twentieth century)
- See also: Fifties (of the twentieth century) or more info on styles
Style specifics: This type of jewelry is very specific for the fifties of the twentieth century. The Art Deco period preceded only 20 years and was still used as source of inspiration, it is (even for the trained eye) sometimes very hard to note the difference between Art Deco and Fifties.
Period: ca. 1950
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 14K white gold (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): Two carre cut diamonds and four baguette (long rectangular) cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.60ct. (colour and clarity: F/H, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Precious stones: One aquamarine with an estimated weight of ± 3.00ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and aquamarine for March.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: Illegible remains of what appears to be the Dutch control mark representing an oak leaf with the number 585, for 14K gold, that is in use since 1953.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: top of ring 7,65 cm (3,01 inch) x 7,00 cm (2,76 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 3,80 gram (2,44 dwt)
Ring size Continental: 50 & 16 , Size US 5¼ , Size UK: J½
Resizing: Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
- (more info on ring sizes)
Adin Reference Nº: 19262-0315
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?