Antique jewelry object group: pendant
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
Style: Georgian - Georgian style is the name given in most English-speaking countries to the set of styles current between 1720 and 1840. It is eponymous for the first four British monarchs of the House of Hanover—George I of Great Britain, George II of Great Britain, George III of the United Kingdom, and George IV of the United Kingdom—who reigned in continuous succession from August 1714 to June 1830.
- See also: Georgian or more info on styles
Period: ca. 1780
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Source of inspiration: Christianity
Theme: Cross - The cross is one of the most ancient human symbols, and is used by many religions, such as Christianity. It is frequently a representation of the division of the world into four elements (or cardinal points), or alternately as the union of the concepts of divinity, the vertical line, and the world, the horizontal line. (from: Wikipedia)
Material: Silver (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Diamond(s): 68 table cut rose cut diamonds, normal old rose cut diamonds and senailles (a senaille is a simplified rose cut diamond, a small diamond chip with perhaps a few polished facets). We do not have the weight of all the rose cuts diamonds nor the senailles which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cut diamonds and senailles.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com ) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: height 6,60 cm (2,60 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 20,50 gram (13,18 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 19312-0212
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?