Nu gespreide betaling mogelijk op het juweel van uw dromen! Vraag ons naar de details. Gratis verzekerde verzending van alle orders!
Antique jewelry object group: ring
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: unknown
Style: Victorian - Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
- See also: Victorian or more info on styles
Style specifics: The Grand Victorian Period - Experts divide the reign of Queen Victoria, also called The Victorian era (1837 - 1901) into three periods of about twenty years each; The Romantic Victorian Period (1837 - 1860), The Grand Victorian Period (1860 - 1880), and the Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period (1880 - 1901).
We consider this to be of the Grand Victorian Period.
This second Victorian period is famous for its ostentatious pieces set with pearls and diamonds (from South Africa). From ca. 1850 wealthy English had reported about jewelry from India and Japan, which heavily inspired the jewelers of this period. This period also corresponds with the death of Queen Victoria's husband King Albert making mourning jewelry (set with heavy dark stones) the type of jewelry specific for this period.
Period: ca. 1870
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): 16 old brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.76ct. (colour and clarity: G/J, si/i).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- All diamonds we offer are screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com ) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural.
Precious stones: One cabochon cut opal with an estimated weight of ± 0.85ct.
- It is a very common practice to treat gemstones to intensify their clarity or colour. The item in question has not been tested in this regard.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and opal for October.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: top of ring 1,13 cm (0,44 inch) x 1,07 cm (0,42 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 3,50 gram (2,25 dwt)
Ring size Continental EU: 56 & 17¾ , Size USA: 7½ , Size UK: O½
Resizing: Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
- (more info on ring sizes)
Adin Reference Nº: 20209-0059
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?